Watergardens Shopping Centre (Centre) BOOing Boxes Halloween Competition Terms and Conditions
Participation in the Competition
- By participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
- To participate in the Competition, the Participant must be an Eligible Person who submits an Eligible Entry during the Competition Period.
- Eligible Persons may enter the Competition once only during the Competition Period.
- To enter the Competition, the Eligible Person must during the Competition Period:
- Visit the Centre’s website (www.watergardens.qicgre.com)
- Register your name, address, email address and contact number via the website link;
- In 25 words or less, tell us how your street gets into the Halloween spirit. (“Eligible Entry”); and
- if the Eligible Person is under the age of 18 years, be consented to by a parent or guardian of the Eligible Person and signed where applicable.
- Information on the entry form also forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition will be conducted online at the Centre’s website (www.watergardens.qicgre.com) during the Competition Period.The Competition will end on expiration of the Competition Period.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Persons.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of any Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.If requested by the Promoter, a Participant must provide the Promoter with evidence of eligibility. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- There will be one (1) Prize and one (1) winner of the Prize.
- The Prize is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Each Eligible Entry by an Eligible Person will be entered into the Competition.
- The most creative one (1) Eligible Entry selected by the Promoter will win the Prize.
- The selections will take place at 10:00am on 29 October 2020 at the Centre Management Office.
- If the Prize Winner is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of the Prize Winner who gave permission for entry into the Competition will be deemed to be the Prize Winner for the purposes of the Competition.
- The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the Prize Winners by telephone and email to arrange delivery of the Prize.
- If despite reasonable efforts the Promoter is unable to locate or contact the Prize Winner within one (1) days after the winner is decided, another Prize Winner will be drawn at 10:00am on 30 October 2020 at the Centre Management Office.Any subsequent winner will be notified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged to, publish the results of the Promotion.By participating in the Promotion, the Participant gives their consent for their personal details to be published in the manner prescribed in this clause if they are the recipient of the Prize.
- A Participant claiming to be the Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of identity.
- The Promoter’s decision as to the winner of the Prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Competition or otherwise.
- The Prizes are subject to the conditions relating to the use of the Prizes (including validity period) which can be viewed at www.watergardens.qicgre.com.
Other General Terms
- All Competition entries are the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter Entities shall not be liable (including, without limitation, in negligence) for:
- any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss); or
- any personal injury suffered or sustained,
during the course of participating in this Competition or using the Prize, except for and to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Each Participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter Entities against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Promoter Entities or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant, the conduct of the Participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize by the Participant.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonable anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority (if any) to:
- disqualify any Participant; and/or
- modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
- Under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Promoter must notify Participants of certain matters when it collects personal information about them including how it plans to use or disclose it.If a Participant chooses to enter or take part in the Competition, the Participant will be required to provide the Promoter with personal information about themselves such as the Participant’s name, email address, suburb and postcode.
- The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the personal information which the Participant has provided for the following purposes:
- carrying out the Competition (including as described in clause 18 in particular and in general for notification and promotion of Prizes);
- carrying out marketing and promotions activities including, without limitation, sending newsletters or publications and/or other marketing and promotional material to the Participant about future competitions or promotional events (which may be undertaken by the Promoter or any other person or organisation to which the Promoter discloses the personal information (including contractors) for the purposes of assisting the Promoter to do this; and
- adding the Participant’s details to the Centre’s database.
- By entering the Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her personal information in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- If a Participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use or disclose the Participant’s personal information in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions and/or retain their personal information for the purposes described herein, the Participant should contact the Promoter on (03) 9361 5511.
- A Participant has the right to access, in most circumstances, personal information which the Promoter holds about the Participant.A Participant may contact the Promoter on (03) 9361 5511 to ask for access to the Participant’s personal information, or if the Participant has a complaint concerning a Participant’s information privacy.The Promoter may deny the participant’s request for access in some circumstances.If the Promoter does this, it will tell the Participant why.
- If a Participant considers that any personal information that the Promoter holds about the Participant is inaccurate or if at any time the Participant’s details change, the Participant may contact the Promoter on (03) 9361 5511 the Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is corrected.The Promoter will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
“Centre” means Watergardens Shopping Centre located at 399 Melton Highway, Taylors Lakes Vic 3038.
“Competition” means the opportunity to win the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Competition Period” means the period from 9:00am on 9 October 2020 to 9:00pm on 28 October 2020.
“Eligible Entry” means an entry which complies with the requirements of clause 4.
“Eligible Person” means an individual who:
- is a resident of Victoria;
- if under 18 years of age, has a parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition;
- is not a Non Eligible Person;
- submits an Eligible Entry; and
“Non-Eligible Person” means the following:
- owners and managers of the Centre;
- retailers of the Centre;
- suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Centre;
- the employees or contractors of the persons and entities in paragraphs (a) – (c); and
- any spouse, child, de facto or any other person living at the same premises as any of the persons mentioned in paragraphs (a) – (d).
“Participant” means any person who participates in the Competition.
“Prize” means one (1) prize of 50 BOOing Boxes filled with treats and Halloween goodies to the value of $20 each delivered on 30 October 2020 to the Prize Winner’s address to a total value of $1,000 or any substitute prize of a similar replacement type and value as determined by the Promoter.
“Promoter” means the owner of the Centre, Watergardens Pty Ltd ACN 066 255 205 atf Watergardens Trust, Level 5, 66 Eagle Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.
“Promoter Entities” means the Promoter, all associated companies, advisors and agencies and all those entities’ personnel.